a. High teaching evaluation at the Faculty of Science, Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan, 1983
b. High research evaluation at the Faculty of Science, Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan, 1984
c. Abdul-Hammed Shoman Prize for Young Arab Scientists in Mathematics and Computer Science, Amman, Jordan, 1987.
1) Shuman Prize for Young Arab Mathematicians 1988
2) Islamic organization for science prize/1997.( جائزة منظمة العالم الإسلامي للعلوم)
1. Winner of Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Young Arab Scientists, June 1987.
2. Winner of TWAS Associate Membership Scheme at Centers of Excellence in the South, August 1995.
3. Winner of the Ministry of Higher Education Prize for Distinguished Scientific Research, May 2003.
4. Winner of Scoupus Certificate Award, April 2009.
1- The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization Science Prize "ISESCO Science Prize" (2008).
2- The Scopus Prize for Jordan Scientists (2009).
3- The Distinguished Research Prize at Mutah University (2008/2009).
4- The award of Jordan National Commission For Education, Culture and Science (2008).
5- Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Prize, in Italy, (2000).
6- Classified as One of the Top 10 Scientists in the World in Fractional Differential Equations According to: ISI Web of Knowledge.
1- Khalifa Award for Education, Higher Education within Arab World (Distinguished Professor in Scientific Research), United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, April, 2012.
2- Hamdi Mango Award for Distinguished Researcher, Hamdi Mango Center for Scientific Research, University of Jordan, Jordan, April 2012.
3- Achievement Award for distinguished researcher, University of Jordan, Jordan, June, 2006.
4- A Distinguished Researcher Award in Statistics, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Amman, Jordan, November 2005.
5- Abdul-Hamid Shoman Prize for Young Arab Researchers in Mathematics and Computer Science, Amman, Jordan, 2001.
6- Achievement Award as the distinguished researcher on the University level, UAE University, UAE, July, 2001.
7- TWAS Prize for the Young Scientists, Third World Academic Sciences, Italy, Sept. 1998.
Won the first place in the Arab Mathematics Olympiad (2012).
Won the fourth place in the Arab Mathematics Olympiad (2012)....
AWARDS & PRIZES (last 5 years)
- Alexander Von Homboldt research Scholarship (Summer, 2011) at Museum für Naturkunde, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Deanship of Scientific Research Award in 2010
- Alexander Von Homboldt research Scholarship (Summer, 2009) at the University of Greisfwald, Germany.
- Deanship of Scientific Research Award in 2006.
- Alexander Von Homboldt research Scholarship (Summer, 2006) at the Federal German Geological Survey (BGR), Hanover.
1. Method for producing geopolymeric materials. Inventors: M. Alshaaer, M. Esaifan, H. Khoury, H. Rahier
2. A process for production of pure zeolite 4A from raw kaolinite. Inventors: Hamdalla Al Houdali and Hani Khoury
54 researchers at The University of Jordan received the Distinguished Researcher Award for 2011 that organized by UJ annually. Respect to faculty of science, 7 researchers have got the award.
- Prof. Fuad A. Kittaneh
- Prof. Shaher M. Momani
- Prof. Mohammad S. Mubarak
- Prof. Salim Fawzi Haddad
- Prof. Humam Ghassib
- Prof. Abeer Al-Bawab
- Dr. Murad Abbas AlDamen
Ebtsam Al Beik has been awarded a prize for distinguished research project on her Master thesis titled ' Spatial Variability of Heavy Minerals and Radioactivity in the Vicinity of Wadi el-Mezrab, Southeast Jordan, and their Exploration Bearing'. She has been awarded by the 11th international conference of Jordanian geologists association that hold in the university of Jordan in 2011. The award amount is 300 JD.
Islam Dabshah has awarded the Hisham Hijjawi Award for Applied Sciences 2011 on her PhD thesis titled 'Dissolution of Jordanian Raw Materials in Alkaline Solutions and Their Stabilization for Construction Purposes'....
Mass spectrophotometer (ESI-MS), 500 MHz nuclear mass resonance (NMR), Single x-ray diffractometer, powder x-ray diffractometer, x-ray fluorescence, scanning electron microscope (SEM), liquid nitrogen apparatus, atomic force microscope (AFM), photoelectron microscope and physical vapor deposition apparatus....
The Faculty of Science has the utmost pride to announce that recent statistics published on the website of Thomson ISI Web of Knowledge database has shown that 7 out of the 10 most contributors to journals, supported by this database, at the University of Jordan are researches belonging to the Faculty of Science. These researchers are:
· Prof. Dr. Mustafa El-Abadelah, (Department of Chemistry)
· Prof. Dr. Jamil Khalifeh, (Department of Physics)
· Prof. Dr. Mohammad S. Mubarak, (Department of Chemistry)
· Prof. Dr. Awwad M. Zihlif, (Department of Physics)
· Prof. Dr Fuad A. Kittaneh, (Department of Mathematics)
· Prof. Dr. Mohammad Z. Raqab, (Department of Mathematics)
· Prof. Dr. Humam B. Ghassib, (Department of Physics)
We are all in this Faculty dedicated, working collaboratively in team spirit and determined to achieving the mission and goals of the University of Jordan of excellence and distinction.
Some of staff members hold national, local and international prizes and awards....
During 2011-2012, it has been published more than 300 articles in national, local and international journals. ...
The faculty organized some international conferences as well as workshops. To mention some:
- ICYC: This conference was celebrated 2011 as the International Year of Chemistry (IYC), which was initiated by the IUPAC and declared by the UNISCO. The main aim of this conference was to “encourage interest in chemistry among young people, and to generate enthusiasm for the creative future of chemistry, which is one of the IYC goals (It was hold inside between the University of Jordan in 8-10 April 2012).
- EuAsC2S-11: The aim of EuAsC2S is to support the progress of chemistry in developing countries and provide young and talented chemists with the unique opportunity to be exposed to the frontier areas of chemistry. (It was hold in Dead Sea 6-9/10/2012).
- DEMOTRANS: This conference will, for its part, foster transdisciplinary dialogue at the interface of the social and natural sciences so as to refine the tools required to understand the broader import of demographic change. (It was hold in the University of Jordan in 14-16 January 2012).
Workshop “Geopolymers from Jordanian raw materials”: The workshop was aimed at science and engineering graduate students of University of Jordan and other Jordanian Universities, the Jordanian scientific community and Jordanian industries. The workshop will present scientific and technological results of the VUB-U of Jordan VLIR-project, and give information about realized infrastructure at University of Jordan. (It was hold in the University of Jordan in 16 April 2012.
In 2012, the faculty of science won the first place at the mathematics Olympiad for the Arab world undergraduate students. ...
The faculty members are 140 as staff and 103 as administrative. The students are 2196 of BsC, 196 of MsC, and 102 PhD graduated students. ...