Teaching was commenced in the Department of Biological Sciences during the fall of 1965 with seven students only. The Department was established in order to supply the society with trained graduates for teaching in high schools.
1. The Department offers B.Sc. degrees in Biological Sciences. The total credit hours required is one hundred and thirty two credit hours:
- 27 University
- 21 Faculty
- 84 Specialty
2. The Department offers Master degree. The total credit hours required is thirty three credit hours. It is offered with two tracks:
- Mandatory Courses
(15 credit hours)
- Elective Courses: Studying
(9) credit hours
2. Non-Thesis Track
- Mandatory Courses (21 credit hours)
- Elective Courses: Studying (12) credit hours
the comprehensive exam (0304798).
3. The Department since 1996 offers Ph.D. degree. The plan consists of (54) credit hours
distributed as following:
- Mandatory Courses (18 credit hours).
- Elective Courses (18 credit hours).
- Passing the qualification exam
- Submission of approved thesis (18
credit hours) (0304999)