(1) An ability to identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline.
(2) An ability to formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs.
(3) An ability to develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions.
(4) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
(5) An ability to understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
(6) An ability to function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.