The program aims to:
1. provide the opportunity for graduates to be specialized technicians in Clinical laboratories or workers in the Clinical equipment companies and Clinical supplies, and prepare them to continue their postgraduate studies to be specialists in Clinical laboratories or academics in Clinical laboratory sciences according to their desires and abilities.
2. bridging the gap between supply and demand in the labour market with qualified medical laboratory technicians and specialists, who effeciently contribute to the field of diagnosis and medical scientific research.
3. providing modern scientific and technical studies and consultations in the field of specialization to the community.
4. contribute to raising the culture of community about scientific developments in the specialization of Clinical laboratory Sciences.
5. cooperate with the Ministry of Health, the universities, and with hospitals where students are trained, to improve quality of training provided in the Clinical laboratory sciences programs in the Kingdom, in order to improve the performance and quality of Clinical laboratories.
6. Create an educational environment that encourages learning and academic excellence, and promote knowledge through joint research in the Clinical scientific community.
7. Improve the educational level, to promote creative thinking and teamwork among students, enabling graduates to perform their leadership roles in their community or abroad.
8. Serving the community through extensive and in-depth research into the current and immediate health care issues and problems in the community.
9. Adhere to global standards in the practice and implementation of quality control systems and obtain the international accreditation of the program.
10. Contribute to increasing the level of health awareness among members of the community about infectious diseases and chronic diseases.
The program also strives to continuously develop the curriculum of the program to accompany its counterparts in the departments of Clinical laboratory sciences around the global in order to offer courses that give the student the following:
1. Basic knowledge and skills necessary in the specialization of the Clinical laboratory sciences program.
2. Opportunities to develop their potential through practice in the department labs and field training to gain experience in various hospital labs.
3. Skills to mastering laboratory management and ensuring overall quality control standards.
4. Comprehensive basic information on medical laboratory ethics.
5. The necessary support and guidance so that they can pass the academic and training stage.
6. A foundation for continuing education through conferences, scientific seminars and workshops.
7. Ability to contribute to increasing the level of health awareness among members of the community about infectious diseases and chronic diseases.