1. Instill in students a sense of enthusiasm for chemistry and appreciation of its application in different contexts;
2. Provide ample opportunities for critical thinking among students and solve problems requiring the application of chemical principles;
3. Provide students with the necessary knowledge and basic skills that would allow them to pursue further studies in specialized areas of chemistry or multi-disciplinary areas involving chemistry.
4. Enable graduates, who are familiar with research design methodology, to make use of the latest scientific and technological tools.
5. Provide students with a tangible link between the basic theoretical principles of chemistry and their application to practical examples in the laboratory.
6. Enable graduates to take leadership roles in their local or national communities and maintain ethical and professional standards in their careers.